The Future of WinBatch
The Future of WinBatch
It's the Second Act for WinBatch.
Have you heard about Wilson WindowWare's upcoming retirement? We would like to announce plans for the transfer of WinBatch to a new company started by a longtime member of the WindowWare team which will continue to innovate and update the software to keep up with the Windows environment.
While there are still details to be worked out, we can tell you that:
- WinBatch.com will remain the home of WinBatch.
- Much of the information from the tech support database and forum will be retained on the website.
Please note that this Second Act will be a simpler scaled down production, so you should be aware of the following:
- When the final curtain falls for Wilson WindowWare, there will be an intermission as new management sets up their website, so make sure to download what you need before June 30th 2017, 11:59pm PDT.
- This venture is focused on giving back to the WinBatch community that has creatively used WinBatch for their many projects. In order to keep WinBatch as a presence on the web, there will be a fee for any future major update releases. This will hopefully cover the basic maintenance costs.
- WinBatch is a mature product with 25+ years of design and testing. Quality software will still be the goal.
For registered users of Wilson WindowWare's WinBatch products:
Your Wilson WindowWare license numbers will continue to work with the version of Wilson WindowWare software released during its active maintenance period. This will be true whether or not you choose to get future updates with the new management of WinBatch. We encourage you make sure you have a copy of your most current license numbers and a backup copy of the software you want it to work with BEFORE the Wilson WindowWare site is closed.
Before Wilson WindowWare website closes on June 30th 2017, 11:59pm PDT:
- Find your current license numbers if you're a registered user. Note: there are two parts; a registration id and a control number! If you need us to send you a copy of your license numbers, please send us an email request with some information we can look you up with, such as : Company name, address, email, current user, or perhaps last known registered user that you took over for when they retired, etc.
- Keep a backup copy of the version of software you are last registered with for your own piece of mind. If it's not for the latest version, email us if you need assistance getting an older copy of the software. A valid license number will tell us what version of the software you are licensed for.
The Wilson WindowWare Team